Monday, July 9, 2012

Bali 2.0 day 3

Ever seen how a quiet early morning Poppies Lane II looks like in Kuta?

P7090020 A typical backpackers and party goers town with many souls are either still asleep or having hang over from the night before. However, the beach is already abuzz with many people who don’t go out party at night, including many joggers.

P7090022The jog on the beach was refreshing. Felt very different from my usual run on the tarmac back at home.  Here, I didn’t even need a running shoes and i felt really work my legs out by running on the sand.

P7090025 Noticed the waves were not too big and perfect for beginners and amateur surfers like me. There are a number of surfers already starting to catch some waves when i finished my run. I stayed on to observe the wave and plan to come back the next morning for a surf.

P7090024A beautiful day today only led me to further my exploration to the north and to find what other surprises I may come across.

P7090027 Found an even quieter beach at Canggu and was great to just enjoy the crushing waves, do some reading, and get a bit of sun on my skin.

As I was leaving the beach, I went explore the surrounding and came across a cafe that sells Teh Tarik and Roti. I thought that it would be nice to finish my day with a sip of teh tarik, so why not! This little cafe also have a nive view over looking the paddy field. I sort of gave my Malaysian identity out easily when I went in and only ask for a glass of teh tarik and nothing else. The owners started to chat up with me and revealed to me that they were  Malaysian, too, and came here to open the cafe just as little back as 2 months ago. How nice to meet a fellow Malaysian in such a county site setting of Bali.

P7090032 I also found out that they own a bungalow here at Canggu and provide home-stay type of accommodation for visitors to Bali. They’re also willing to help me sort out a cheap accommodation in Canggu like what I’m enjoying now in Kuta. I thanked them in advance and told them I would definitely need them for such help as i really prefer a quieter place for peaceful getaway.

Next up, plan to start surfing tomorrow morning. I could hear my board is calling out to the waves already!

No comments: