Sunday, March 18, 2012

First step to cycling

I’ve decided it’s time to take my aspiration of getting into triathlon seriously this year. Main reason is marathon is getting really crowded these days. I’m glad that there’re more and more people taking up running, but runners with bad race-day etiquette are just so annoying.

So, the solution…. I reckon triathlon is still not as crowded. Furthermore, it’s good to cross train between few types of discipline to train up the unused muscles.

I’ve started to look around for a entry-level bicycle since beginning of this month. Boy! It’s really tough to decide on which exact bike to get when you have a tight budget! I’ve been travelling from one bicycle shop to another, and also ask around from my friends who’re into cycling to professional triathlete. Deciding between a road bike or a triathlon bike, and between different groupsets.

In the end, I’ve arrived at this one bike that seems to have the best package. Merida Race Lite 903-Com.

Merida 903-com

Aluminium frame, carbon fork, and full Shimano Tiagra groupset. Weighted at about 8.8kg. Damage: RM3,000.00

Would be getting it by end of this month. Can’t wait to start cycling soon!

 

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I have a couple of junk bikes if u want some ahhahaah

Eric said...

No, thanks! lol!